Who can claim a uniform tax refund?
If your uniform contains your company logo or is protective clothing, you can apply for a tax rebate from HMRC for the last 4 years!
Our service is available to:
- Retail staff
- Hospitality & Catering
- Nurses, doctors, dentists and other healthcare workers (learn more)
- Police officers (learn more)
- Airline staff / cabin crew / pilots (learn more)
- Public transport (London Underground staff, train conductors, bus drivers)
- Engineers & Mechanics
- Builders / plumbers / carpenters
- Teachers who are required to teach P.E.
- Anyone else that wears a uniform to work!
How much can I claim?
The amount you can claim depends on your job. If claiming for the full 4 years, the standard rebate for most employees is £48. However for certain professions, HMRC has agreed higher allowances. Use our tax rebate calculator to calculate how much you are entitled to based on your circumstances.
Can I claim anything else?
If you wear a uniform to work (for example nurse attire, police uniform, or even simply a shirt with the company logo) which you have to wash and maintain yourself, you could be eligible to claim a rebate for the last for 4 of up to £300.
As well as a uniform cleaning allowance, we can also help you claim a tax rebate for most expenses you have incurred as part of your job. For example, HMRC will usually allow you to claim back 20% of the cost of any equipment or tools purchased, as well as fees paid to professional organisations such as Unison, NMC, RCN and HCPC.
How to claim your uniform tax refund
- Calculate your rebate estimate
- Use our simple tax refund calculator to see if you are eligible for a refund
- Fill in the application form
- All we need is your work history and some personal details
- Sign and post the claim form we email to you
- This allows us to act on your behalf with HMRC - all you need to do is sign it!
- Wait for your refund!
- We will post a cheque out to you as soon as your claim is approved!