Tax Back for Teachers

Find out how much you could be owed in under 30 seconds!

Are You Entitled to a Teacher Tax Refund?

As a dedicated and hardworking teacher or education professional, you deserve to get the financial support you’re entitled to. Did you know that you may be eligible for a teacher tax refund on expenses such as professional subscriptions and other work-related costs?

And the best part is, if you’ve not claimed before, you may be able to backdate your claim for the last 4 tax years. That’s right – you could potentially get a significant amount of money back just by submitting a claim to HMRC.

Don’t let this opportunity pass you by. As a teacher or education professional, you have enough on your plate without worrying about the cost of maintaining your professional status.

Take advantage of this chance to get some financial relief and make the process easy and stress-free by using our “no win, no fee” service. Don’t miss out on what you’re entitled to – start your claim today and get the support you deserve.

Professional Fees and Subscriptions

You can claim tax relief on fees and subscription costs to many unions and professional bodies including NUT and NASUWT. HMRC maintain an approved list of professional organisations that are eligible for relief.

The amount available to claim back will vary depending on the agreement that is in place; your particular organisation will be able to inform you of how much tax you can claim back.

If you have previously paid fees to a General Teaching Council, you can also claim tax back on this cost. Tax can be claimed back on all UK General Teaching Council fees, including those that are now obsolete.

If you are eligible for tax relief – this will not be applied automatically. It is therefore important that you submit a claim to HMRC. Start your claim today to take advantage of our “no win, no fee” service.

Uniform Tax Refund for Teachers

If you’re a Physical Education teacher or have to teach or supervise any other sports lessons, tax relief can be claimed on sportswear and equipment that you’ve purchased yourself.

You may also be eligible to claim an allowance if you have to wash any specialist clothing or uniform. HMRC allow expense deductions for the cost of both maintaining and replacing games kit.

Mileage Allowance for Teachers

If you’re a teacher who needs to travel to different schools in order to perform your duties, you may be entitled to claim for business mileage. This is not available for general commuting between home and a permanent place of employment; however if you’re a Peripatetic teacher working in more than one school or college you may be eligible.

Don’t miss out on tax rebates that you are entitled to. We’ll submit your claim for you; it’s completely free to apply and takes just 5 minutes of your time – a worthwhile investment!